The 3 Easy Steps Of Finding An Inmate In The Texas Criminal Justice System
Want to find an inmate in the Texas criminal justice system? You’re in luck! The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) has made it incredibly easy to search their database of inmates and find the one you’re looking for with just three simple steps.
If you need to locate someone in your life or have an incarcerated loved one, these three steps will help you find them quickly and easily.
Table of ContentsToggle
Visit the Texas DOC inmate lookup website.
The first step to finding an inmate in the Texas criminal justice system is to visit the TDCJ inmate search website. It’s essential to use this site as it contains much more detailed information than the phone system.
The website has several helpful tools, such as:
- A complete list of all correctional facilities, including name, address, and contact info.
- A list of inmates incarcerated at each facility with their current location, sentence type, and conviction date.
- Pictures of most facilities on the map with directions from Google Maps.
- An individual facility page with pictures of staff members and inmates’ living quarters, visitation hours and times, contact information for chaplains or clergy members on site, and other helpful information about specific prisons.
- A blog where inmates can post stories about life inside the prison walls.
- An inmate complaint form so family members can report any problems they encounter when visiting loved ones in prison.
- Links to find out how you can volunteer your time and resources to help out those currently incarcerated and support the law enforcement officers who protect our communities every day.
These tools are invaluable in helping you find an inmate in the Texas criminal justice system. Just click on any of these resources, then enter your search criteria to see a list of inmates from all facilities who match your query.
Type the inmate’s name, TDCJ number, date of birth, and gender in the appropriate fields.
The second step is undoubtedly the most important. In the TDCJ inmate search page, you must input the inmate’s name, TDCJ number, date of birth, and gender in the appropriate fields. If you do not know any of this information, you will have to go back to step one and find a criminal record that lists this information.
The website should list all inmates with matching names and numbers by entering these details. From there, clicking on their name will lead you to their profile page with all contact information so you can quickly get in touch with them.
However, if they are an escaped convict or on death row, they will not be listed as an option on the search results page.
Luckily, both cases are relatively rare and account for less than 1% of all incarcerated prisoners in Texas state prisons.
Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
When you click on ‘Submit,’ a new window should open with all the inmates who match your criteria. Now all you need to do is select the inmate from this list, copy their file number, and call or visit their respective facility for more information about them.
Remember that TDCJ inmates may have an alias name, so it’s essential to search by TDCJ ID if possible.
Finding an inmate in the TDCJ search is easier than you think. Follow these three steps, and you will have the inmate’s information within minutes.
Just visit the website, enter the inmate’s name, TDCJ or SID number, age, gender, and DOB in the required fields and click on ‘Submit.