How to Fix Microsoft Office 2010 Unlicensed product Error?
Microsoft Office activation fails, you will notice that the product is licensed or its non-commercial use is taking place. A study conducted by Microsoft also suggested that pirated applications make 42 percent of installed software on the PC. In case you are facing issues like unlicensed product office 2010 or similar, it could be due to licensing issues. The other causes of such errors in your system could be due to:
- Preloaded trial: Usually, when a new PC is purchased, it comes with a trial version of Microsoft Office. This installation is good to go but works only for a limited time like 30 to 60 days. Later, the functionality reduces. If you wish to continue using it ahead then the license must be purchased.
- Product key entered incorrectly: To make Microsoft Office 2010 work efficiently, you need to enter the product key and activate the software. During the course of activation, make sure that you enter all the alphabets and numeric codes correctly. It is mostly possible that you enter them wrong due to lengthy or case sensitive sequences. Re-enter the product key once again if the attempts are unsuccessful or failing.
- Many computers: As and when your license is activated, you are entitled to use it on more than one computer. You are allowed to use the same license on 3 computers under one roof. If more than that, you won’t be able to activate the license.
- Volume license: When a business purchases a volume license, it can run it on specific computers. If the message of an unlicensed product appears then it means that there is improper authorization to run. In order to correct it, you need to have a user ID and password along for complete resetting.
Table of ContentsToggle
Solutions For Unlicensed Product Microsoft Office 2010
In case you wish to transfer Microsoft to another computer during the process, it’s just as easy as never thought.
For restoration of all the features of Office, let’s begin to fix it through a step by step process.
Step 1: Sign in with the right account.
Enter the account details of those using which you bought Office. Recheck the account you have been entering up till now. If the wrong address was used then you may get the message mentioning, ‘We couldn’t find any Office products.’
Step 2: Check copies of Office
Do you own more copies of Office installed on your computer? If yes then there are chances of office conflicts. Make sure no copies are present within one system.
Step 3: Check subscription status
If the subscription has expired, another message may appear which says,’Renew your subscription to use Microsoft 365.’
Step 4: Troubleshoot activation
If there is still a problem in the activation, choose additional troubleshooting help for Office 365.
Step 1: when you are confused which account was used to access Microsoft Office, you need to try entering all the email addresses. In case you are at work, try entering the workplace account. You can even sign in Services and Subscriptions where all the subscriptions are listed in detail.
Step 2: To check multiple copies of the,
- Open the Control Panel by typing Control Panel in the Start box. As opened, select Programs and Features.
- Now search here Office by typing in the upper right hand corner.
- If you see more than one version showing up, select Uninstall for the version which is not being used by you.
- Once the uninstallation is done, restart the computer.
- Still not activated? Choose online repairing by clicking Repair an Office Application to fix up.
Step 3: Check subscription status
This step wants you to check if the subscription is still active or not or has already expired. For this,
- Close all the Office apps.
- Now go to the Services and Subscriptions page. Here choose to sign in and enter the Microsoft account with email address and password.
- Check the details of Subscriptions or Cancelled Subscriptions.
If it expires, go for its renewal.
Step 4: Choose to go for troubleshooting steps which Office 365 has to offer within the website.
For this, close all Office apps. Now go through the steps below.
- In the bottom right corner, select date and time.
- Here select date and time settings.
- Choose ‘Set time automatically’ or ‘Set time zone automatically’.
- Check if your time is set in the time zone.
If it is required, update Office 365 to fix most of the activation issues bothering you and your system. Install Office updates directly from the app or through the official website.
We hope that you have found out how to fix the error mentioning unlicensed product Microsoft office 2010 from the blog above. With that, we would like to recommend you to download the firewall for best possible protection. Did you resolve the error through the blog here? If yes, share your views and the solution that worked in the comments bel